Cultural tours in Barcelona: The Cathedral of the Sea*
Buy tickets online
The Cathedral of the Sea*
This literary tour will let you relive the stories of this exciting novel through its different locations; places that after almost 700 years we will revisit from a different perspective whilst admiring the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. This is a unique opportunity to learn more about the characters and about one of the most emblematic monuments of Barcelona, Santa Maria del Mar, the apogee of Catalan Gothic art.
"From the top of Collserola Mountain, on the old Roman road that connected the northern city Ampurias with the southern Tarragona, Bernat discovered for the first time the freedom and the immensity of the sea! He has never imagined something that has no end."
14th Century: the city of Barcelona was a prosperous city and had grown towards the shore. The humble new district of fishermen decided to build, with their own money and efforts, the greatest temple that had ever existed: Santa Maria del Mar.
Starting point: Santa Maria del Mar square
Finishing Point: Plaça Nova (Joan Brossa Barcino letters)
Itinerary: Plaça Nova, Bisbe street, Sant Jaume Square, Pl. del Rei, Pl. del Blat, Pl. de la Llana,Argenteria street, Canvis Vells, Consolat de Mar, Pla de Palau, Vidrera, Montcada, and Santa Maria del Mar.
*Exclusive product of ICONO serveis culturals
Access with step from 2 to 5 cm, ramp with moderate incline, proper width gates, lift up to 5 people, adapted hygienic services. It is necessary help from another person in certain moments.
Points worth noting:
Capilla del Santísimo en Santa Maria del Mar: access with step
Roman Temple at Paradís Street: not accessible, but you can see it properly from outside.
Medieval Synagogue: not accessible.
Calendar: available dates
- 20/04/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 27/04/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 04/05/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 11/05/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 18/05/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 25/05/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 01/06/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 08/06/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 15/06/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 22/06/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 29/06/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 06/07/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 13/07/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 20/07/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 27/07/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 03/08/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 10/08/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 17/08/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 24/08/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
- 31/08/2014, 10h. In Spa/Eng
Cultural visits and tourist tours around Barcelona and Catalonia: Gaudí, Picasso, Dalí.
Bespoke routes, led by our best guides and in different languages. For groups, companies and individuals.
ICONO SERVEIS Avda. Portal de l'Àngel, 38 4º 2ª 08002 Barcelona Tel.00 34 93 410 14 05 Fax 93 410 85 88 firstname.lastname@example.org