Embark on this well-paced full-day experience that will take you from Barcelona city center to the heart of Barcelona’s countryside. Departing early in the morning from the Hard Rock Café, your first destination will be the scenic Monastery of Montserrat. A whole morning of astounding landscape, views and history await in there. After enjoying a one-hour-long tour through the highlights of Montserrat Monastery, you will have more than two hours of free time. Contemplate the splendid views while doing a short hike, be amazed by the art collection in Montserrat Museum -where you will find some Dalí and Picasso paintings, as well as a mummy-, enjoy the world-famous Escolania de Montserrat Boys’ Choir, or sample some of the delicacies you can find in the shop and the local farmer’s market. During peak season, you will even have the chance to take the cable car up the mountain. Your guide will advise on all your options depending on your interests and, so that you can make the most of your time in Montserrat.
After a wonderful morning and a short bus ride, it will then be time to satisfy your stomach with an included full Spanish meal delivered in Oller del Mas winery restaurant. Savouring local cuisine is one of the best ways of making the most of your travel destination, so get ready to savor a multi-course lunch made with seasonal ingredients of the Barcelona area.
Within walking distance from the restaurant, after enjoying a soothing walk in the woods, you will reach the 10th century castle of Oller del Mas. From there, you will finally understand the magic of Montserrat Mountain, which presides the landscape behind the vineyards. The wine tour starts. Held in Oller del Mas we will visit the premises of the winery, we will have the opportunity to visit some private parts of the Castle, we will also visit the production plant (only in used in harvest season), the barrels room and the old tanks where wine was made in medieval times. Finally, plunge into tradition and history and enjoy their most exclusive wines. A wine tasting experience that will put the perfect end to a memorable day trip.
Head back to the same spot where we picked you up, in Barcelona center, after this day to remember for a very long time.
- Enjoy an hour guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time to explore Montserrat
- See “La Moreneta”, Montserrat’s black Madonna
- Attend the Boys’ Choir act (l’Escolania)*
- Indulge in a traditional Catalan/Spanish meal with seasonal ingredients
- Explore a refurbished 10th century medieval castle
- Get an introduction to wine tasting
- Taste three ecological wines
*Please note that l’Escolania does not sing on Saturdays and several dates throughout the year.
Approximate tour schedule
08:30 am Meet at Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café)
08:45 am Departure for Montserrat
09:50 am Arrival to Montserrat
10:00 am Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
11:00 am Free time at Montserrat
1:20 pm Meet your tour guide again
1:45 pm Departure for Oller del Mas Restaurant
2:15 pm Multi-course lunch with wine at Oller del Mas Restaurant
4:00 pm Guided visit through Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
5:00 pm Wine tasting (3 ecological wines)
6:00 pm Departure for Barcelona
7:00 – 7:30 pm* Arrival to Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café)
*Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable bus with air conditioning
- Local English speaking-guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time to enjoy Montserrat (around 2 hours)
- Multi-course local meal with wine
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas winery
- Tasting of three ecological wines
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
- Bottle of water, provided at the end of the tour
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel
- Tips and gratuities
- Meeting point is Plaza Catalunya, 21 (by the Hard Rock Café).
- Tour starts at 8:45 am, please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Once at the meeting point, please look for a bright pink umbrella.
- All tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late arrivals or no shows may be rescheduled, but not refunded.
- There is a limit of 16 people per group, although we reserve the right to extend the limit to 18.
- Transportation will be shared with other groups.
- You may book this as a private tour, also in other languages.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- Temperatures at Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
- All dietary allergies or restrictions are catered for.