Tell us the pick up time and place that best suits you and let us arrange a time-efficient half day tour to make the most out of the surroundings of Barcelona. Depending on the circumstances of that day or your priorities, we will first head to Montserrat or to the wine country. All in all, you will be able to enjoy the inspiring history of Santa Maria de Montserrat church and monastery from within, by hand of your English-speaking local guide. In an approximately one hour long guided tour, we will introduce you to the almost one thousand years long history of this landmark. Feel embraced by the spirituality and the breathtaking views of the site afterwards, while you enjoy a short break of free time to appreciate the scenario or shop local made cheese, honey and other products in the farmers’ market.
The characteristically silhouetted massif of Montserrat is surrounded by different wine-making regions. In the lowlands north to the mountain we find the DO Pla de Bages, while to the south DO Penedès covers the extension between the range and the seaside. Both regions are brimming with history, beautiful landscapes and country houses that have served as wineries for decades or even centuries in a territory in which Romans already cultivated vines for wine production two thousand years ago. You will visit one of these traditional family-owned wineries, where your guide will tell you everything about the region and the history of its owners. You will learn how the local weather and the soil affect the different grapes the winery produces and the flavours they are able to obtain from the land. After being carried away by all the stories, get ready to enjoy these local flavours in a tasting of four exclusive wines (or cavas, in case the winery produces them) while you fill your stomach with a selection of traditional tapas.
Get back to Barcelona after this time-efficient fulfilling experience, overflowing with fantastic landscapes and history. You will still have time to enjoy the rest of the afternoon and the evening in the city, still enjoying the after taste of the wines lingering in the back of your palate!
How to tailor this tour
You don’t have time constraints? Check out the full day version of this private tour and be carried away by a whole day of beautiful colors and flavors!
Would you rather enjoy a full meal instead of a tapas lunch? If you have some extra time to invest on a restaurant, we can arrange a traditional Catalan full meal with wine in the surroundings of the winery. Select the Lunch Option when booking!
Do you have a personal approach to this tour? This is your private experience, so it’s all up to you! Do you want to visit any particular place we didn’t include in the description? Share your thoughts with us, and our expert team will work with you to design your perfect experience.
- Private transportation from/to Barcelona in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off service at your hotel or at a site of your convenience
- Desired departure time
- Private professional English-speaking guide
- Parking fees at Montserrat
- Guided visit to Montserrat monastery (1 hour)
- Guided tour through the winery, wine-making facilities and cava cellar
- 4 premium cava / wine tasting
- Premium tapas (if Tapas Option selected)
Tips and gratuities
- Learn about Catalan and Spanish culture, at its core, by living and tasting it.
- Visit the spiritual natural surroundings in Montserrat’s National Park and Sanctuary.
- Walk along Montserrat the “magic mountain” where nature, religion, history and Catalan identity meet together.
- Delectate your palate with traditional tapas or a full meal, depending on the option picked.
- Taste up to 4 top-end products with different organic and ecological certifications.
- Do it all by yourself, with the only company of your guide and the gorgeous landscape.
- Duration: 6.5 hours (Tapas Option) / 7.5 hours (Lunch Option)
- You choose the pick-up time and location. If you ask us, we will advise what we think is the best time of the day to start considering the season and other aspects.
- The price shown for this private tour is for a group of 1 to 6 people.
- Languages: English and Spanish. Other languages, such as Portuguese, French, Italian and German may be available upon request and may incur an extra cost.
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.
- If you have reduced mobility, please let us know before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.