Is Spain a safe destination?
Spain is a safe destination, open to international tourism, and prepared for you to enjoy your holiday. You can visit Spain with total confidence because:
– Spain is one of the top European destinations with the highest percentage of the adult population that has already received the full dose of the vaccine. This means the territory is becoming increasingly safer.
– Apart from the diagnostic tests that are performed daily we are incorporating new techniques such as rapid antigen tests.
– Spain boasts a highly professional health system capable of serving and responding to the healthcare needs of the population.
– Tourism, leisure, and hospitality establishments and businesses are prepared to offer a safe service; health control measures continue to be applied in the areas of cleaning and disinfection, along with limited occupancy levels, social distancing, promotion of hand hygiene, and use of face masks on public transport or in enclosed spaces. You can also enjoy outdoor activities such as going to the beach, doing routes and excursions, or attending events without wearing a mask as long as the 1.5-meter social distancing rules are observed.
– The EU Digital COVID Certificate has been introduced in Spain, thanks to which travelers visiting from EU countries can benefit from the special points of entry into Spain with a QR Fast Control code.
– All passengers arriving to Spain by air or sea must fill in a health control form. In addition, those arriving from high-risk countries must accredit their health status by showing that they are vaccinated, have recovered from the disease, or have been tested proving that they are free of the infection. All of these measures are aimed at ensuring that international tourists travel free from COVID-19. In turn, control measures have been imposed to restrict flights from high-risk countries with different approved quarantine periods and extensions.
In all, Spain offers you the peace of mind and confidence you need to enjoy your holiday without any worries.
Updated information on COVID-19 and trips to Catalonia
Catalonia is currently returning to normality, always subject to the virus situation, which is still continually controlled. As a result, tourist offer and leisure activities are not affected by limitations regarding hours of operation or capacity, with some exceptions in which accommodation is limited to 80%.
Related to the measures listed below, people who have already been vaccinated are not exempt from compliance. The restrictions of COVID-19 remain in force for the entire population as a prevention measure and favor of the common good.
It is requested to maintain a safe distance between people of 1.5m and safe space of 2.5m2 per person.
Distances of less than 1m cannot be held indoors, except between people who travel in a group or regularly have close contact.
The use of face masks is only mandatory for those over six years old when indoors. When outdoors and in public spaces, face masks are no longer required as long as it is possible to keep the minimum safety distance.
The use of face masks is not mandatory either for those suffering any respiratory illness or difficulty that may be exacerbated by such facemask.
For additional information, please check the website of the health department of the Catalan Government.
Meetings and gatherings:
Meetings and gatherings are allowed as long as they do not involve crowds or exceed the space maximum permitted capacity. Moreover, group sizes should be 10 or fewer people, and social bubbles should be as stable as possible.
It is recommended that you avoid indoor spaces and remain with the group of people you live with.
Tobacco consumption and others:
Smoking is not allowed on public roads or in outdoor spaces when a minimum distance of 2 meters between people cannot be respected.
ICONO Barcelona Health & Safety Guidelines
We want to travel just as much as you, trust us. But if you’re hesitating due to concerns about your health or “getting the full experience,” you’re not alone.
At ICONO Barcelona, we have a safety-first policy. We are closely monitoring the pandemic course in all regions in which we operate and are only offering tours where visitors are permitted, and the conditions are safe.
Our tours have always been and continue to be geared towards small parties, which provides an unmatched learning experience while also ensuring social distance.
If you’re ready to travel, know that you’ll be in good hands. If you’re still on the fence, we understand.
Our number 1 priority is for our customers to feel 100% safe during their experience with us. This is why we have implemented the following safety guidelines on all our experiences moving forward:
- Icono Barcelona group sizes have been reduced to allow maximum comfort and social distancing for our customers
- Masks will be mandatory for all Icono Barcelona tour guides (while indoors)
- Clients will be asked to wear masks when required by local governments (often only indoors)
- If a guest is visibly ill, with heavy sweating or coughing, they will be asked to leave the tour for both the guide and the customer’s safety
- If any transportation is required on a tour, then customers will be required to wear a mask inside the car
- The tour guide will let our customers know if and when they are able to take off their masks at a specific venue
- All Icono Barcelona tour guides are self-monitoring temperatures daily and trained in group social distancing practices
Our cancelation policies
Flexible cancellations give you peace of mind, knowing circumstances may change. Here are the highlights:
Full refund for cancellations made up to two weeks before your tour*
50% refund for cancellations made up to two days before your tour*
More flexible terms apply for cancellations made due to “unforeseeable events” such as border closures